Because there is always someone more fucked up than you are......

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Holy Shit... It's A Baby Turd !!!!

Defecaloesiophobia affects thousands of people. Tragically, this is a real fear people suffer from yet there is not a dedicated recovery group. Most cases will go untreated due to the individuals embarrassment to talk about suffering from it. Defecaloesiophobia is the fear of painful bowels movements. Hey, no fucking laughing, this is serious!

I think everyone can at one point in life relate to a painful poop. Let's face it, we all have had something so large excreted from our ass that if felt as if our pelvis was going to crack. One would think those who suffer with Defecaloesiophobia, would also have a fear of plugging the toilet. Something that large isn't going to get flushed down without the help of a fucking plunger.
What's more interesting is people never talk about their bowel movements. Even when a doctor asks during a physical most find the topic uncomfortable. I suppose I am a freak because I always look at my shit before I wipe. Seeing what comes out of my ass has some unknown importance to me. Thankfully, my shits are rarely large enough to clog a toilet. However, I do know people who regularly have excessively large bowel movements.

I'm surprised my older brother doesn't suffer from Defecaloesiophobia. It's very possible he may but is like the thousands of others who have no support so he keeps his illness hidden. As children, I recall him always plugging the toilet because his shits were so large. Out of frustration, my parents made him call them to the bathroom before he flushed the toilet. They would use a coat hanger to break up his turds prior to flushing. One would think this would cause great embarrassment for a developing child and result in their not wanting to poop. I don't think my brother ever found any thing odd or uncomfortable about his parents having to break up his shit with a wire hanger. He would always spend what I thought was a long and odd amount of time taking a crap. This could be one of the symptoms of Defecaloesiophobia. Much like child birth, maybe a shit that large requires contractions and hard pushing to finally expel. To this day I can still here him yelling, “Dad I'm done, I think you need the coat hanger”.

This might be a phobia we can find humor in because we don't suffer from it. However, think for a moment what living hell a person with a phobia may be experiencing on a daily basis. I know my personal phobias and anxieties restrict many facets in my daily life. What if an individual with Defecaloesiophobia is visiting a friends home and suddenly has to release? I've been to many homes where people do not keep plungers in their bathrooms. A bathroom without a plunger for the person suffering with Defecaloesiophobia could trigger a major panic attack. Panic attacks generally begin with irrational thoughts of the “what if's”. “What if I take a shit so large it plugs the toilet?” “What if I have to open the bathroom door and ask my host for a plunger?” “What if they see how large my shit is?” You can see the hell of this spiraling thought process.

Since there really is no formal support or recover group for Defecaloesiophobia, I call on you, my readers, to make an attempt to comfort those who suffer from it. You first have to be aware of key behaviors that may indicate a friend may suffer with Defecaloesiophobia. They can be any combination of the following: Someone never taking a shit at your home. A person regularly pressing upward on their lower intestine. Always having to leave a setting immediately after a large meal to go home. Irregular bloating and unbloating. These are just a few of the signs. If you notice these symptoms in a friend, sit them down one on one. Tell them you understand. Offer your support by telling them to call you when they are scared to shit and you will walk them through it while comforting them.

In the end, you might make a huge difference in this persons recovery. Oh, and for those who do not keep plungers in their guest baths, now that is fucked up.

No comments:

Post a Comment